Monday, November 23, 2009

"There must have been something in the air"

How did I get here? Well, let's see. I grew up in a small town in Ontario, Canada until I moved to Alberta over a year ago. Why the move to Alberta you might ask? That's where my fiance (anyone else think that word is strange?) comes in.

In 2007, I was on vacation in Mexcio with my family when I met one of Mr.D's friends, who in turned introduced me to Mr.D. It turns out that Mr.D was staying at the same resort as me and over the next few days, we hung out and got to know each other. After the week in the sun and sand, I returned to Ontario and Mr.D returned to Alberta. In the following months, we continued to talk and get to know each other. That summer I decided to take a big leap and move to Alberta. The summer came to an end and I had to return home to finish my final year of school.For the next 8 months, we endured a long distance relationship. After we both graduated from university, I moved back to Alberta and have been here ever since.

I guess you could say something was in the air on that trip! It's definitely not your average love story, but it's the story of us! Does anyone else have a different story of how you met your significant other?

3 comments :

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    I love reading the story of how people met! Everyone's is so different and unique. I can't wait until I have my own story to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story!! My husband and I met on-line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is awesome! was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...