Thursday, December 10, 2009

DIY Advant Calender

This year, I decided to make my own advant calender for Mr.D. I saw some really cool ideas here, but decided to come up with something on my own.

I took to a trip the dollar store and Michael's to get my supplies. I got:
-12 mini Christmas boxes
-foam numbers
-round styrofoam

I already had the black spray paint and ribbon. I think the total for all of the supplies was $15.

I started off by spray painting the styrofoam circle black. I then cut out all of the numbers from a foam sheet and then hot glued them onto the individual boxes. Once the styrofoam was dry, I hotglued the boxes onto it. Once dry, I filled each box with candy and for each day, I wrote a sentence about things that I love about Mr.D. I might share what I wrote once he starts to open them.

This is how it turned out:


Have you done any DIY holiday projects?

1 comment :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...