Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Recipes



Since the holiday season is quickly approaching and there are lots of parties to go to, I thought I would post a different recipe each week. I always love to find new recipes to bring to parties/gatherings!

This week is a recipe for ginger snaps that I have tried myself. I'm not claiming that they are anywhere near healthy, but they are so delicious!

Wet Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter or shortening (I used margarine)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Add all of the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
3. In a medium or large bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Mix together well. It will seem dry at first, but keep mixing. Your hands can be used for this step too.
6. Take tsp sized spoonfulls and make into round balls and then roll in white sugar. 7. Then evenly space them out on your cookie sheet as they do spread.
8. Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on your oven. (mine took about 9 minutes)
The recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies.

What is your favourite holiday recipe?

2 comments :

  1. Hmmm I LOVE gingersnaps!

    My favourite holiday recipe is buttertarts! I LOVE buttertarts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a ginger snap recipe and minus the fact it's past the holidays I think I'll try this one out!
    Side note... I've started the long process of reading EVERY blog entry lol :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...