Friday, December 4, 2009

Save the Dates

My first DIY of the wedding was for our save the dates. I didn't have a lot of inspiration for our save the dates, but I knew I wanted to make them myself to save money.

I ended up using a picture that we had taken a month before as an anniversary gift to ourselves. I found a font from dafont.com and edited the picture using photoshop. Although I have no experience with photoshop, I learned as I went and it was pretty easy!

We ended up printing the save the dates in the form of 4x6 pictures from Costco. The best part was that if you signed up for a new account, you got 25 prints free. I ended up getting 75 save the dates printed and it cost me about $7.

This is how they turned out:

(I changed our names, so please excuse that)

With stamps, envelopes, picture printing, etc I think the total I spent was about $50. I think they turned out pretty well!


Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments :

  1. Oh I think there beautiful! I love them. The black and white is very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are incredible. That shot is gorgeous. You did a great job and how smart to print as pics! I'm a new follower and looking forward to more since this is a great post :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...