Friday, December 11, 2009

Who does the chores?

Last weekend, at BM K's birthday, someone was asking Mr.D and I questions about our relationship and how we do things. It made me think about how we are and what it is like for other couples.

Some of the questions were who makes dinner, who does the cleaning, who does the laundry, etc. Since Mr.D and I moved in together, I have done of the majority of the above. Although, he does help with the laundry, make dinner on occassion and help to clean, it basically me who does it. Although, we share doing the dishes equally which is really nice. I'm not complaining about doing all of those things, because I do enjoy them (but can't iron to save my life!). And I secretly like doing it because then I can do it my way and how I want it done.

Our relationship may seem unfair, but if we go out for dinner or to do something, it is usually Mr.D who pays. Who does what in your relationship? Is it lopsided or are the chores shared equally?

_______________________________________________________

I showed you yesterday my DIY advant calendar for Mr.D and today is the first day of it. I know, tomorrow isn't 12 days before Christmas, but we are heading to Ontario for Christmas on the 23rd, so I wanted to make sure he could open them all before we left :)

The first reason I love Mr.D is:
I love his cuddles!

______________________________________________________

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment :

  1. Ooh, this is really interesting! I'm the main income earner at the mo, although BF is back to work again which is good. He leaves early in the morning but gets home before me and usually makes dinner, and I do all the cleanup. Cleaning is really not his forte, but I occasionally get him to help out with laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom or emptying the dishwasher. I think we're both happy with how it's working out at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...