Saturday, January 2, 2010

Back to reality

Mr.D and I got home late last night from my mom's house. The nine days went by too fast and it was sad to leave my mom again. I am back to work on Monday, so we are going have a relaxing weekend. The plan for today is to head to Banff, which is an hour from our house, to look around and then have a nice dinner at The Keg. One last big dinner before it's back to eating right...pretty sure I gained 4lbs while at home over Christmas. Not good at all!

On the plane ride home, I watched the movie 500 Days of Summer. Has anyone seen it? It was about a guy named Tom that believed in true love and destiny. He falls for a girl named Summer, who does not want a relationship and wants things to remain on a casual level. Tom believes that Summer is "the one" for him and ends up with a broken heart. In the end, he realizes that the relationship he had with Summer was never a healthy or good one.

I really enjoyed the movie because I am a sucker for romance and true love. Do you believe in true love or think that there is one person out there for everyone?

Hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments :

  1. I do believe there is true love and I am a sucker for all things romance...however, I am never one to believe there is only one person out there for everyone. Or even the soul mate thing. I think that when you find someone you are attracted to who has a way of complimenting you and challenging you in good ways, then you have to work at making it a long lasting and loving relationship. Since I believe no one is perfect, no relationship can be perfect either. The only 'good' relationships are the ones where the two people involved have learned to value respect, communication, honesty, humility, compassion and kindness for one another. Because with those things, you can truly choose to love someone day by day. That's just my take on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off - you live that close to Banff?? OMG I am jealous! I am kind of obsessed w/ going there ever since I saw pics!!

    I watched 500 Days of Summer when I was home for Christmas and I really liked it. I think it made a great point about how we often reflect back on relationships and only remember the good stuff...

    I am also a sucker for romance, too. And I do believe in true love. I don't know that there is only 'one' person for us, but there is definitely a very limited number of people that you connect with on that level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- yup, it's about an hour from Calgary to Banff. We ended up going to Lake Louise too today, which I had never been too. Banff is gorgeous year round! I definitely recommend visiting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i gained at least 5 lbs over Christmas! haha

    I haven't seen 500 days of summer because everyone said it wasn't a happy ending... everyone has been raving about it recently though so i think i'm gonna have to check it out!

    happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...