Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fitness Goals Update

At the beginning of January, I talked about my fitness goals for this year. Although I have yet to sign up for another 5K race, Mr.D and I have started swimming 1-2 times a week. It's such a good work out! Tonight was one of those nights where I just wanted to lay in bed, but I forced myself to get up and go swimming. Once I started swimming, it felt great!

I also started the Whittle My Middle at the beginning of January and it's been going great so far. I can feel the difference in my core strength already and have noticed changes in my waist size. If you have 20 minutes a night for 5 nights a week, I definitely recommend this challenge!

The weather has been great for the past two weeks, which means I have been getting out for a 2K walk at lunch everyday. It feels to get some exercise in the middle of the day and then it's out of the way. If only the weather would stay above zero until spring...sigh!

I have something exciting to share so stay tuned next week!

Hope you are having a great day!

1 comment :

  1. I should try that challenge. I am kind of terrible about working my core. I put in a decent amount of miles each week, but by the time I get done running, I kind of feel like i am out of energy so don't do much else. My stomach is my problem area so I would def benefit from doing this challenge!!

    Good for you for swimming! I want to start swimming when i get done w/ the training for my half & full marathons this year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...