Tuesday, February 2, 2010

DIY Hanger Tags

On the weekend, I had time to work on some wedding related projects and one of them was name tags for hangers for my bridesmaid's dresses. I had originally seen the idea here, but decided to put my own spin on it.

Materials:
  • card stock in the colour of your choice
  • lettering- either hand made or you can buy pre-made lettering
  • padded hangers
  • ribbon
  • glue stick
  • scissors

To make my lettering, I bought a package of cardboard letters for $2.20 at Wal-Mart and traced each letter on my card stock. It was a little time consuming, but I'm not very good at lettering so this was my solution. I then glued the letters onto card stock and cut it into the shape I desired. I then punched a hole in the top using a three hole punch and then strung ribbon through the hole.

I have yet to find padded hangers, but once I do I think it will be a nice added touch for my bridesmaids.

The final product:





For about $5 (without hangers), it was a pretty easy and cheap project. Hopefully the girls like them!

1 comment :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...