Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love Sonnet XVII

I came across this sonnet last night and it made me cry. It made me think of our wedding day and how much love there is going to be on that day.

I do not love you as if you were a salt rose, or topaz
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
So I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

- Pablo Neruda

source

I am thinking about asking someone to read a poem/sonnet during the ceremony, but haven't found the perfect one quite yet.

If you were to have a poem/saying/sonnet read during your ceremony, what would it be? One from the Bible or a particular author?



3 comments :

  1. omg! that is so sweet! you should for sure have someone try and read that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. Love it.

    I would have bible passages read during the ceremony, but would love to have someone read a poem at the reception or the groom's dinner. Or maybe i would read it to my husband at the grooms dinner? Hard to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I am so glad you tried the pumpkin cookies! Aren't they just yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...