Tuesday, February 16, 2010

{wedding wednesday}

We are officially at less than six months until the wedding! I am getting excited, but it makes me nervous to think about all of the little projects we have yet to do and time just keeps slipping by.

This week I wanted to talk about who is going to be walking me down the aisle. I have thought about it for a while, and at first I only wanted my dad to walk me down the aisle. The more and more that I think about it, I think that it would mean a lot to my mom if I asked her also. My parents have been divorced since I was in grade 3, but they are civil to each other, so it won't make it awkward or weird to have both of them. My mom and I are closer than my dad and I, so I think my mom will be happy if I ask her.

In other wedding news, we received our first wedding present last week. Mr.D's brother and his wife bought us a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, which was high on our registry list! I tested it out last night to make cookies, and it worked like a dream. We still have yet to finish our registry, which is another huge task!

For those of you getting married in the near future or at some point in your life, who is going to be walking you down the aisle? Was it hard to decide on one or both parents?

5 comments :

  1. Great post! If your parents are civil, have both of them! Do whatever makes you happy!

    I don't know if you've read about it on my blog, but my dad died when I was little. My mom is remarried, but I'm only having my dad's dad walk me down the aisle. He cried when I asked him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 months! It will start to FLY by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6 months!

    My parents are divorced too, and I've been close to my parents at different times. I ended up asking both of them to walk with me, one on each side. They both raised me, they're both here for me, they're both important to me. It was a wonderful way to nod to both of them =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my father and my grandfather walk me down the aisle. They both have been so important to me and have shaped my life so much. I love my mama, but she wouldn't have been able to hold it together, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When/if I get married, I will have my dad walk me down the aisle. I love my mom to pieces and am so close to her, but there is something about sharing that moment with my dad. My mom got to have more of an active role in other milestones in my life, like picking out prom dresses & I am sure she'll help me pick out my wedding dress. But this is my dad's moment. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...