Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DIY Chalkboard Table Numbers

I mentioned this DIY wedding project last week, but was feeling under the weather so I never posted it. So, here I am posting it only a week late :)

For the table numbers, I wanted to do something that is a little different and that incorporates Mr.D's profession (any guesses what he does?). I had seen other ideas using chalkboard paint, but decided to put a little twist of my own on it.

Materials
-canvases in desired size
-chalkboard paint either in paint or spray form
-chalk

Steps:
1. To start, I bought all of my materials from the Dollarama, Michael's and Mr.D's work.
2. I took the canvases outside and sprayed them with the chalkboard paint. It took two coats and I let it dry for about 24 hours between coats. (not sure if it needs that long, but I was a little lazy! haha)


3.I printed the numbers onto cardstock and cut them out. (I can't remember what font I used)


4.Once the numbers were cut out, I traced them onto the painted canvas with the chalk. Once the number was outlined, I filled in the rest of the number. This step left me with this:


I haven't decided if I want to put the canvases into a frame or just lean them up against the vases of flowers. Thoughts?

Cost breakdown:
-canvases 2/$1
-chalkboard paint $12.50 minus 50% as I had a coupon for Michael's
-chalk free


How do you think they turned out?

2 comments :

  1. We did the same thing this past weekend! Well, ours weren't for table numbers, but the concept is the same. I wish I could chalkboard paint every surface. It's addictive.

    Yours turned out great! I love the lettering you used. As far as putting them in frames, I guess it depends on how much you want to spend. If you have the money and think it will make them look better, then go for it. But personally, I love the look of the canvas by itself. We were originally going to put ours in a frame too, but decided against it once we were so pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...