Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DIY Cocktail Napkins

This weekend, I was busy working on wedding related projects. The first project that I want to show you is our customized cocktail napkins.

Materials
-napkins in your choice of colour
-stamp ( I used a set from American Crafts that was wedding related)
-ink
-embossing powder
-heat tool or iron

Steps
1. Take the stamp of your choice and put ink on it from the ink pad.
2. Take the inked stamp and push it evenly onto your napkin.
3. While the ink is still wet on the napkin, sprinkle the embossing powder over the ink and ensure all parts are covered.
4. Either hold the napkin to your iron or put the heating tool over the stamped image until the edges become raised.

The finished product:



Cost
-Set of clear stamps: $10
-3 sets of 50 napkins: $6.30
-ink pad: $6
-embossing powder: ~$4 ( I also used it for other projects)
Total: $26.30

Note: I bought the stamps and ink pad from a lady on Kijiji, which saved me about $11.

It was a simple and quick project that I think will add to the wedding.

How do you think they turned out?

PS- Why oh why did Jake pick Vienna?!?


7 comments :

  1. We loved these! Just wanted to let you know that we featured them on our website today!
    www.diybridalfiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - Jake's Vienna pick was so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I did the same thing for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fabulous and they look soo nice. Great job! I would love to link to these if you didn't mind.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...