Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Excitement all around!

As I mentioned yesterday, Mr.D and I put in an offer on our first house and it was accepted late Sunday night. We are both beyond excited to move into our own place. Lisa commented yesterday that it happened very quickly and she is very right! Basically in a two week time frame, we were: pre-approved for a mortgage, found a realtor, saw close to 20 houses, put an offer in and had our offer accepted! I guess you could say that we didn't waste any time at all.

Mr.D and I wondered before beginning to search for a house if we would know whether or not a particular house would be 'the one' and I definitely think you do. The house we chose, both times we viewed it, we struggled to point out negative things about it whereas with other homes we found alot of negatives. I had a hard time falling asleep last night with all of the excitement and thoughts of upcoming stuff to do.

We have the house inspection tomorrow night, so fingers crossed that everything goes well! Okay, enough about house talk until we move in I promise!

PS- has anyone been watching Jamie Oliver's show The Food Revolution? I love it!

Hope you are having a great day!

2 comments :

  1. So exciting!!! I'm so happy for you :) Can't wait until I buy my first house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the house inspection went well. Will be good to have that done. I am so excited for you guys!! It's going to be so nice to move in and make it your 'own' by painting, decorating, etc. So much different than renting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...