Wednesday, April 28, 2010

{wedding wednesday} DIY invitations: cost breakdown

Last week, I showed you my finished DIY invitations and this week I will give you the cost breakdown. My goal for the invitations was to keep the costs under $100 not including stamps.

Materials and Cost:
Brown cardstock
$37.80 for 100 8.5 x 11 sheets

Ivory cardstock
$17 for 250 8.5 x 11 sheets

Ribbon
$7.50 for 3 spools

Glue stick
~$4 for two sticks

White glue
~$1.00

Envelopes
$33 for 100

Labels
$15 for 25 8.5 x 11 sheets

Stamp of your choice
$2.25

Total: $117.55

Although I went over my budget of $100 for the invitations, you have to factor in that I did not use all of the brown and ivory cardstock for the invitations. With the ivory cardstock, I am also making welcome notes for the OOT bags and thank you cards.

Overall, I am really happy with how the invitations turned out. They were time consuming but I started them early so I have time to spare before we send them out.

3 comments :

  1. Um, that is super cheap. Buying invitations can be so dang expensive!! Well done on saving yourself some money & making an awesome invitation. I am impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought all my materials and made mine from scratch too along with all other stationery. I haven't done the cost breakdown yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My middle name is Leigh - WEIRD. Have fun with the wedding plans! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...