Wednesday, May 19, 2010

{wedding wednesday} DIY Guestbook

I am hopefully going to be finally back into my blogging routine...we still have stuff to do with the house, but all of the major appointments and things are out of the way.

This week's {wedding wednesday} is all about our guestbook. The one thing I knew that I wanted for our guestbook was for it to be different and not your typical guestbook. To me, I wouldn't look back on a book with our pictures and people's signature. I'm not really sure what you would call our guestbook, but I decided to use 4x6 cards for people to leave us a comment, advice, wish, etc for our future.


The sign telling our guests what to do



The set up




The set up again


The sign says:

Instead of signing a traditional guest book, please write a message of advice, a wish or a prediction for Brian and Leigh's future together on a card or two and drop it into the vase.
Don't forget your name!


I can't remember exactly where I found the sign wording, so I apologize to whoevers idea I borrowed!

Cost:

Vase: ~$15
Frame: $4
Spray paint for the frame: $0 as I had it from another project
Cardstock: $2

Total: $21


I am super happy with how it came out and hopefully people fill out the cards!

4 comments :

  1. We're doing something similar, but ours is on a bulletin board! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - I like non-traditional guest book ideas like this! It will be much more meaningful than a book full of signatures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastically inexpensive way of making a guestbook! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...