Monday, May 31, 2010

{weekend recap}

We had a fabulous weekend even though it felt like today should have been Saturday and not Sunday :(. Even though I love my job, sometimes I get the blues on Sunday night knowing I have to get up early tomorrow. Anyone else out there like that?

Friday night was pretty boring! We didn't do much except hang out at home and watch a movie. We watched Shutter Island...I had read the book and LOVED it, so after reading the book it gave away the ending for me. It was still a pretty good movie.

Saturday, I went shopping with one of my co-workers. We went to IKEA (since neither of our husbands like it!) and I bought a bunch of stuff for the wedding. They always make the room set ups so nice in there. We also went to Michael's and Wal-Mart. Mr.D had to attend a work function, so I had the night to myself. I worked on some wedding projects (the days are in the 70s now!) and watched wedding shows...my kind of night!

Yesterday I had the most fabulous sleep-in that I've had in a long time! I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't wake up until close to 10:30am. It was so glorious though! In the afternoon we went to watch Mr.D's friend compete in a Cross Fit competition. Those athletes are crazy fit!! If you don't know what cross fit is, definitely Google it and watch a video of the workouts they do. Mr.D's friend placed in the top 15 from Canada, which was pretty impressive.

How was your weekend? What were you up to?

2 comments :

  1. Omg I SO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN about Sunday nights! I love my job too but sometimes you just don't wanna get outta bed early! Haha!

    Glad you had such a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend does Cross Fit and he has lost like 40 pounds. He looks amazing and has told me that I should check it out, but it's just not in the budget right now! I will have to check out a video of it, though, to get an idea of what he does.

    I know what you mean about the Sunday night blues. I tend to feel that way after a wonderful weekend - especially when I am at the cabin.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...