Thursday, July 8, 2010

I love summer!

Summer in Alberta is really short, so you have to make the most of it while it's here!

Last night, we invited three guys and their wives to join us at Bowness Park for a fire. In the park they have fire pits that anyone can use, so we set up around there and barbecued some sausages and hung out. The weather was actually nice for once, minus the million mosquitoes that were around! We also ended up throwing the frisbee around as one of the guys plays ultimate frisbee and was trying to teach all of us. It was a great night!

The one thing that I miss about Ontario is being an hour from the beach. Nothing compares to hanging out by the water all day reading books and just relaxing. I don't miss the humidity of Ontario though! They are also in the middle of heat wave right now...hopefully it sticks around for us this weekend.

What is your favorite part of summer?

4 comments :

  1. I miss that about Ontario too. And cottaging. Why does no one cottage here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a super fun way to spend the evening!!

    I LOVE the heat, the sunny LONG days, the people out and about, going to the lake, camping, eating tons of fresh fruit! I just love summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved catching the ferry at Queen's Quay in Toronto and going over to the Island for the day. Those were good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you have an area where you can have fires like that. Very cool!

    My fave part about summer is spending time at my parents cabin. I also love that produce is in season. I try to eat as much watermelon as I possibly can!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...