Tuesday, September 14, 2010

{home tour} Office update

I mentioned in the past weeks, that I was working on redoing our office in our basement. When we moved in, the office was a blue and purple colour. Just wasn't working for me! I also really wanted a big desk and area for me to work on crafts and have some where to store all of my craft stuff.


The before and after looking in from the doorway


The before and after looking back towards the doorway. The closet is on the left and the door is on the right


The new closet. I love, love, love the stripes and how they turned out! You can kind of see it, but I made a ribbon reel to hang and hold all of the ribbon that I have.

For my new desk, I bought two expedit shelves from IKEA while they were on sale for $39.99 each. I then went to Home Depot and bought a sheet of MDF and got them to cut it down to size. I painted it a color to match the shelves and had Mr.D screw it into the shelves. I love that it has built in storage and it large enough for me to do crafts or sew on.

For the closet, I used this tutorial from Young House Love. Super easy! I bought the curtain rod at IKEA for $9 and the white curtain panel from Wal-Mart for $9. The dowel was from Michael's for about a dollar.

How do you think it turned out?

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful! Look at you being all super crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Young House Love! I think it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Esp the stripes in the closet! So cool! You did a great job. i am impressed by how much you've done to the house since moving in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new color, love the stripes... and love the great deals ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH WE HAVE TO CRAFT TOGETHER!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...