Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I love DIY'ing

You got that right, I love myself a good craft! I had seen a few tutorials all over blogsphere for fabric flowers and wanted to try it for myself. I was already making another blanket for a baby shower present, and I thought the fabric flowers would be another great gift.

To make the flowers, I used this tutorial to make the fabric flowers and this tutorial to make the flowers into a headband for a friend's newborn little girl. The tutorials are so easy to follow and took me less than 30 minutes to make the headband.

Here is how it turned out:





The blanket that I made. I love this fabric! It has little apples all over it, which I thought was appropriate because her dad is a teacher :)
Unrelated to diy'ing, it has been gorgeous here lately! I went out for a bike ride after work tonight in shorts and a tank top, which was fabulous! I think the weather feels really nice because we've had such crappy weather lately until the past week or so. So not ready for winter and snow!

5 comments :

  1. It has been nicer lately than it was all summer! I hope it's this nice on Sunday for Pumpkin Picking!!

    And I want that headband. I love all your DIYing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're SO CRAFTY! You should start an etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I may hire you! Amen to this weather! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the headband...I was making something similar this weekend but with felt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so crafty! I am terrible at stuff like that... It would take me 3 hours, not 30 minutes, to make those fabric flowers, and they would still look awful I bet!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...