Thursday, September 23, 2010

Need a laugh?

It's Thursday (almost the weekend!) and I know I could always use a good laugh first thing in the morning. I have a story to tell and I must first start off by saying it involves this guy:


If you don't know what kind of bird this is, it is a magpie. It also happens to have the worst sounding call that you've ever heard. Nothing is nice about these birds.

So, two nights ago Mr.D was getting ready to barbeque some chicken thighs for our dinner. He went outside with the plate of chicken to put on the barbeque, but forgot something inside so he set the plate of chicken on the patio table while he stepped inside. He went to go back outside and saw a magpie about to fly off with one of our chicken thighs in it's mouth!! Mr.D was literally inside of two seconds, and the little devil stole part of our dinner!

We both had a pretty good laugh over it. And don't worry, we threw that piece out :)

Hope you have a fantastic day!

4 comments :

  1. Hi! I am a new blog follower! I really enjoy reading your blog! Thanks for the laugh! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewww I can't believe it did that!
    I once parked over top of a dead bunny. I didn't kill it, but that was the only free parking stop. There were magpies all around. When I came back to my car the entire dead bunny was gone.I think the magpies took it. But it was HUGE. They must be really strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I wouldn't think a bird could carry that away! That is crazy!!! And really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha oh no!!! I'm glad you guys were able to laugh about it (and didn't eat it ;) )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...