Wednesday, September 8, 2010

{wedding wednesday} Vendor reviews: part one

While I wait to receive our professional pictures, I thought I would start the wedding recaps with a review of the vendors that we used for the wedding. This might be a boring post to some, but hopefully it's helpful to Edmonton brides that are in the planning process. I personally would use a vendor with a good word of mouth then someone I hadn't heard or read anything about.

Photography
Our photographer was Nikole from Nikole Bordato Photography who was outstanding on the day of the wedding. She arrived early to my hotel in the morning and was super calm throughout the whole day. She took control of the wedding party shots, which helped to make it go quicker and smoothly, plus she made sure to get all of the shots that she/we wanted.

Our package came with a second shooter, who was Chelsey from Rice Photography. Although I didn't get many chances to talk with her throughout the day as she was mainly shooting the guys and wedding party, she also did an outstanding job.

In terms of price, Nikole is very reasonably priced for the packages she offers. Our package included: two photographers, 10 hours of shooting, 3 Cd's of pictures, an engagement shoot, and a day after shoot.

Although, we haven't seen the final pictures yet, I can tell from the four sneak peeks that Nikole gave me, they are going to be fantastic!

Overall rating: 10/10

Make-up
I had originally booked another make up artist for the day of the wedding, but he unfortunately had to cancel a few months before the wedding. Luckily he was able to recommend another artist by the name of Tonia Lariviere. Tonia works in the fashion industry doing runway shows, photo shoots, etc.

About two months before the wedding, I went to Tonia's house to do a trial run of the makeup that I wanted. I was pretty open to anything she could suggest as I don't wear a lot of make up from day to day, and she did an amazing job with having no direction at all. On the day of the wedding, she came to the hair salon and did all of our make up right there. So convenient and handy! Each girl took her about 30 minutes, which was fantastic!

Overall, I loved my make up and heard no complaints from my bridesmaids. She was fast, efficient and really talented! In terms of price, it was $75 with a trial for myself, $50 for the bridesmaids and $40 for my mom. Really, really reasonable for someone with many years of experience as herself.

I don't have a website link for her, but if anyone is interested in her services, leave me a comment and I will send you her e-mail address.

Overall rating: 10/10

Hair
For our hair, we went to the Ricci Hair salon located in downtown Edmonton, which was conveniently located near our hotel. We arrived at the salon at 8am, which was great because all of the stylists came in early so we could ensure that we were out of the salon on time. They let us have champagne and food while we were getting our hair done, which added to the wedding day experience!

For my hair, I was put with a stylist named Jess, who I definitely recommend. About a month before the wedding, I did a trial run with her. I had a few ideas and basically let her run with it. The day of the wedding, I was confident that she would be able to deliver again, and she did. I think from start to finish, the up do took her about 1.5 hours which was pretty good considering how thick my hair is.

Overall, in terms of price it was really reasonable. The trial and day of wedding hair was $90 each, but so worth it. I had a great stylist, but one of the girls mentioned that her stylist was a little rude and short with her. Other than that, I definitely recommend this salon.

Overall rating: 9/10

1 comment :

  1. Yay this is fun, I like that you did this!! I can't wait to see more of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...