Wednesday, September 15, 2010

{wedding wednesday} Vendor reviews: part two

Last week, I started doing a recap and review of all of the vendors that we used for the wedding. This week I am going to finish them up. I apologize again as it's probably a boring post, but I hope it is useful for brides-to-be in the Edmonton area.

Wedding touches
During the wedding planning process, I saw this bouquet charm that Tami from Little Miss Southern bought for her wedding. I loved it!

Julie from juliethefish answered all of my emails and questions right away. I ordered it just a few short weeks before my wedding and it arrived right on time. It came in a super cute package and added just that little something to my bouquet.

Julie has lots of cute things, definitely check her out!

Overall rating: 10/10

Hotel
The night before the wedding and the night of the wedding, we stayed at the Matrix hotel. On the Friday night, we had made a reservation for two double beds as it was myself and my three bridesmaids. When we arrived at the hotel after the rehearsal dinner, we found out that they gave us a king room and had no more double rooms. They also didn't have any cots in the hotel, so it meant that one of my bridesmaids had to sleep on the floor as the four of us couldn't all fit in the king bed. The manager was nice and got us a stack of blankets so we could make a make shift bed.

Overall, the hotel is nice and the continental breakfast in the morning is good. But I was completely angry that our reservation was not satisfied and they were not willing to compensate or refund us in any way. If you plan on staying here, I would call ahead to ensure that your reservation is correct.

Overall rating: 6/10

Venue
For our wedding, we had it at the Old Timer's Cabin. It is a log style cabin that has been around for many years. It is located just outside of downtown with a gorgeous deck out the back with a great view of downtown from it. The key selling point when we booked the venue was that the venue has in house catering and we had heard nothing but great things about the food.

The man who runs the venue, has been doing it for many years, so how can I say this...he is very stuck in his ways when it comes to how things are done in the venue. We ran into a few problems the morning of the wedding, which included him yelling at my family and friends while they were setting up. Although they understood that he is stuck in his ways, we had to apologize for his actions.

Besides the above negative aspect about our wedding day, the venue is fantastic. The food is beyond great and everyone was raving about it all night!

Overall rating: 9/10

I think that is all of the major vendors for our wedding. If I think of another, I will update this as I go through the recaps.

ps- happy one monthversary Mr.D!

2 comments :

  1. Aww I'm so happy that you were so happy with your charm! Happy 1 month anniv!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...