Monday, September 13, 2010

{weekend recap} and a bloggy award!

This weekend was fabulous, but yet again too fast and too short! I also noticed this weekend that it's starting to get darker earlier and so many of the trees have turned yellow in the past week. Don't get me wrong, I like fall, but we haven't had enough of a summer here for me to welcoming fall with open arms. But with fall comes my birthday, so that makes me a little excited for it!

On Friday night, I met up with Rachel for the first time and it was so much fun! It felt like we had known each other for way longer! After we had some time chatting, we went to her friend's house for a pleasure party. It was my first time at one, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually quite a hoot! Let's just say there are some really interesting toys out there....some that didn't know anything about! Thanks for inviting me Rachel and can't wait to hang out again! :)

On Saturday, Mr.D was off mountain biking with a co-worker, so I ran to Winners and Homesense. I was on the hunt for a white bed skirt for our spare room, but had zero luck. After shopping, I started to paint the spare bedroom. Mr.D got home later in the day, so after a little nap for him we went out for dinner. If anyone is from Calgary and has never gone to Nick's for pizza, I definitely recommend it!

On Sunday, I met up with some ladies from my work for a 5k walk in support of ovarian cancer. A few ladies from my organization have survived it, so it was a great way to support them. After the walk, I finished up painting the bedroom. I can't wait to get everything back in there and start decorating it.

**********************************************************

Brittany from Confessions of a Newlywed tagged me for this bloggy award! Brittany is pregnant with her first child (I say it's a little boy!) and she is hilarious. Definitely check out her blog!

Rules:
Thank the person giving the award.
Share seven things about yourself.
Nominate 7 newly discovered blogs.

7 things about me:

1. I am a little OCD about things in our house. For example, I can't stand if a shower curtain is not pulled all the way across or if a cupboard or drawer is left open even slightly.

2. I always get told that I look younger than I really am. Maybe one day I will appreciate it.

3. I have baby fever. Like really bad.

4. I have a serious Diet Coke addiction. I always tell myself that I am going to try and stop drinking it, but I always fail.

5. My worst fear is that someone will break into our house and hurt me when I'm home alone. It is a strange fear because we don't live in a 'bad area' of the city either.

6. I received a sewing machine for a bridal shower present...anyone care to teach me how to use it?!

7. I hate Monday's. I love my job, but I hate Monday's.

I nominate....

Mrs. Stoneking

Jessica

Rachel

Lacey

Mrs. Nelson


5 comments :

  1. I also love my job and hate Monday's - I think it's that whole getting out of bed thing! Ha!

    Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I have never been to a pleasure party but have heard some hilarious things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for our Friday! I had so much fun!! Are you talking about Nick's on Crowchild? I went there once but no one got pizza. Now I'll have to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try Nick's, sounds delicious. And I'm a big pizza fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun reading those random facts about you!

    I am also super anal about random things around the house. Like the shower curtain thing... and also the way the cords of blowdryers/straighteners get wrapped up. In my world, there is only 1 way to do it...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...