Tuesday, September 7, 2010

{weekend recap}

This weekend went too fast yet again :( It was a great weekend spent at home doing a few projects around the house. Our house has been messy and disorganized since the wedding and it was driving me crazy!

On Friday night, I went to run a few errands to get a few things for my projects for the weekend. The errands included a trip to Rona for some paint (they are having a great paint sale right now...buy one Rona brand gallon of paint, get one free!) and to Wal-Mart to find a curtain panel. Other than that, I started to prep the walls in our office for paint. Kind of lame, but it was perfect :)

On Saturday, I started to paint the office, which took most of the day. Later in the day we went out for dinner and then to see the movie The Other Guys. It was funny, but not quite what I expected. Has anyone else seen it?

Sunday was really rainy during the day, so I didn't mind spending it painting again. I had to run out to Michael's for a few supplies and stopped in to see one of my bridesmaids. It was great to catch up with her as I hadn't seen her since the wedding. I finished painting the office walls and also made my first ever batch of red velvet cupcakes. I used the Magnolia Bakery recipe. They turned out fantastic!

Yesterday included a really long trip to Home Depot for more supplies for the office redo. It just seemed that nothing in that trip to Home Depot was easy and everything was painfully slow! So sad that the long weekend is over, but it was awesome to spend it at home.

Here is a sneak peek of the office redo:




Hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments :

  1. stripes? I love stripes! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I bet your office is going to turn out GREAT! We made several trips to Home Depot for office space stuff this weekend as well. Such a headache!

    I did NOT enjoy The Other Guys. In fact, I walked out of it!!! It was not the kind of humour that I enjoy AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The office redo looks great!

    My weekend went by way too fast as well. I came back from the cabin a day early so I could run a ton of errands. I got quite a bit accomplished, but still could have used a couple more days off!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...