Monday, September 20, 2010

{weekend recap}

Sorry for the lack of posting on Friday, but I had the day off and was enjoying my day by sleeping in and running some errands.

On Friday night, Mr.D's parents came into town to visit us for the weekend. They didn't get in until later on Friday, so we just hung around and showed them the house. They haven't seen our house since they helped us move in back in May.

On Saturday, Mr.D's mom and I went to pick up some fabric as I wanted to make some curtains and a blanket for a shower present. I couldn't find any fabric that I liked and was reasonably priced, so I just picked up some fabric just for the fabric. I received a sewing machine for a shower present and haven't sewn since public school, so my MIL gave me a little how to. It was definitely needed! We worked on the blanket for the day while the boys did stuff around the house. Here is how the blanket turned out:



Hopefully she likes it!

Also on Saturday night, we took Mr.D's parents out for dinner to say thank you for all of their help with everything wedding related. We went to the Red Water Grill, which is so delicious! It is a little more expensive than your typical restaurant, but oh so worth it!

On Sunday, it was a terrible day outside. Rain, rain, rain! Mr.D's mom and I hung out and worked on some projects around the house and then they left later in the afternoon. It was great catching up with them.

So excited....we got to see our wedding pictures on the online gallery last night, and they are so pretty! Can't wait to get the disks to show you all of them! :)

4 comments :

  1. Cute blanket! Glad you got to spend some time with your in-laws this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blanket is so cute! I am sure the recipient will love it - hand made gifts are the best!

    Sounds like a great weekend! I bet your in-laws were impressed w/ all the changes you've made since they moved you in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blanket! My mom just gave me her sewing machine and I want to sew so many things, but i'm kinda scared to start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm impressed with the blanket! Good job! I think she'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...