Monday, September 27, 2010

{weekend recap}

I think I say this every week, but I'm sad that another weekend has come and gone. How come the weekends can't go slower and the week days go faster?!

This weekend was great! The weather finally decided to cooperate, so I actually wanted to do stuff besides sit at home in front of the fire. On Friday night, we went to see the movie Freetime Machos, which was through the Calgary International Film Festival. It was about a rugby team in Finland that has a less than stellar winning record. It shows the team and their struggles and also about their personal lives and friendships off of the field. It was actually quite funny!

On Saturday, Mr.D and I went out to Kananaskis for a hike. It was such a gorgeous day! The hike was 5.1 km one way up to a lake called Rummel Lake. I had heard about this hike through CBC in the morning, and it sounded perfect for us as neither of us are experienced hikers. When we were on the hike up towards the lake, we passed a few other hikers who told us that they had spotted a bear close the trail. Luckily, we didn't see the bear at all.



About half way through the climb up


Rummel Lake. The view from where we ate lunch


Another view


Me looking happy- truth be told, I was really freaking out about possibly seeing a bear!


Me too excited that the hike straight up the mountain was done!


Another view


All of the leaves were changing and it was so pretty!


Again

Sunday, we didn't do much except run to Costco and Superstore for groceries. We bought a Christmas tree at Costco...can't wait to put it up as it will be our first one ever!
What did you do this weekend?

7 comments :

  1. Ahh it's so beautiful up there!

    Eric would have made me turn around if he'd heard that. He's terrified of bears! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the Christmas Tree. I always put mine up on Remeberance Day. Ya, I like the holiday vibe.

    I would also have been scared to see the bear, especially since it's so close to hibernation. They must be loading up on their food and I would hate to be a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo....what did I do this weekend?? Let's see...I definitely didn't climb a mountain! WTH? You. are. awesome. I sat on the couch and ate constantly. You are my hero. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went down to Fort MacLeod to visit Stephan while he worked for the weekend, post coming later today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... weekends ARE NOT LONG ENOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those pics are gorgeous!! Makes me want to visit this area even more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went on my very first hike over Labor Day weekend! It was so nice to get out in the fresh air...I felt like you did in your 5th pic :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...