Thursday, October 28, 2010

DIY Halloween projects

As Halloween is getting closer and closer, I figured I probably should post my DIY projects that I completed a few weeks ago.

Our fireplace is a large open space waiting for some creativity to hit it, so I thought it would be a great place to start. I gathered all of my supplies mostly from the Dollarama and Wal-Mart and went wild.

IMG_1065

The picture isn’t the greatest, but it gives you an idea of how it turned out.  I already had the vases, mirror and large red candle. I found the ‘trick or treat’ banner from the Martha Stewart line at Wal-Mart for really cheap, and same with the spider webs.

In the picture above, you can see the wreath that I made out of candy corn. It was the easiest project, which I originally found the idea here. All I needed was: a wreath, candy corn, electric tape, hot glue gun and ribbon. I think the whole project took me about an hour (with time to eat some candy corn! Smile)IMG_1072

IMG_1073

Don’t mind my reflection in the mirror Smile

The last project was inspired by this post. All it involved was: brown paper bags, LED candles ($3 for 3 at Wal-Mart) and your choice of cut outs. I happened to find my crows at Wal-Mart a month ago for really cheap. I can’t wait to put them on our walk way for Halloween.

IMG_1075

Happy early Halloween everyone!


9 comments :

  1. Love all the decorations! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! that wreath is awesome! You are so dang crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to eat that wreath! It's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath turned out great! And, thanks for the shout-out on the paper bag lanterns. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to make that wreath! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How am I just now finding your blog! Love the dyi projects & your beautiful wedding photos! Happy (belated) Birthday to you too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...