Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy B-Day Leigh!

October 26th, 1986, just a regular Sunday. Reagan signed the Tax Reform Act in the United States, Bon Jovi’s “You Give Love a Bad Name” is making its way up the Billboard Top 100, and a little bundle of joy entered the world. Leigh (no middle name) Honsberger became one of the greatest gifts her parents ever received, and now, 24 years later, she is the greatest gift I have ever received. I am happy to write this blog for her because Leigh is very modest when she talks about herself, and I am worried that her readers do not ever get to see how special she really is.

When I first met Leigh in Mexico she was a little energetic spitfire that could hang out with 8 guys and still manage to fit in. I knew I wanted to see if we could make a relationship work when I spent 5 full days with her and wasn’t ready to throw her off a balcony (in the past I have become bored and/or annoyed with girls fairly quickly), and even after three and a half years not a day goes by that I don’t get excited to wake up next to Leigh.

Now I have had the pleasure of seeing Leigh in various states on her birthday, and I must say my favourite was when she was super trashed on her 21st birthday. I had gone to visit her in Hamilton for her birthday weekend, which consisted of getting drunk at her student house playing “Sociables” (P.S. Leigh thought 12 inch rims were hip hop sweet!!") and then getting REALLY drunk at a Halloween party. Needless to say, Leigh came home in this state.

101 

One of the most fun weekends I have ever had.

I don’t think this year will have quite the same result as her 21st birthday, but I hope I can make her birthday as special this year for her as her 21st birthday was special for me.

Thanks for tolerating my terrible blogging skills, you can rest easy knowing Leigh will be back in the next post.

093Mr. D


13 comments :

  1. Ah so sweet! Love that picture! So funny! Happy Birthday! Have an extra special day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shit thats so sweet! Happy Birthday Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this is so sweet! Well done, Mr. D!! You & Leigh really have something special!

    Happy Birthday Leigh! I hope you are having a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    I LOVE Bon Jovi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetest post EVER. Happy Birthday Leigh! (good post D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigoodness this is SUCH A SWEET post! I love it!!!!

    Happy Birthday Leigh. You and Mr. D are my favourite couple EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday friend!!

    P.S. This is the sweetest post ever!! Way to go Mr. D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG you two are too friggin cute!!
    Happy Birthday Leigh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Leigh! :D hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post, and happy birthday!!!

    Thank you for the comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1986! I'm so old. LOL

    Oh...I totally love those pics. I don't care if you're drunk...your hair is super cute and you have a great man that is willing to write a sweet blog post for you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...