Monday, October 25, 2010

{weekend recap} and a PR!

This weekend was a great weekend that involved a Cirque du Soliel show, a PR (more on that later!) and lots of lounging around the house. It was perfect :)

On Friday, Mr.D picked me up from work and we went to the Max Bell Centre sale.  This is a ski and snowboard sale that has been going on for 40+ years, where companies can sell their stock from last year or people can sell their new/used items. We were there before 5pm when it started and there was already a HUGE line up. I definitely recommend getting there early if you ever go. After the sale, we headed to the Kooza show, which was at the Stampede Grounds. The show was AMAZING! I have never seen such incredible talent. There were a few times that I couldn’t watch because I really thought one of the performers was going to fall and hurt themselves!  Thankfully no one was hurt :)

On Saturday morning, we were up bright and early for our 5k run. This run was the same one that we did last year, and it was snowing then. Luckily, the snow stayed away but it was kind of chilly at the beginning of the run. Last year I ran it in 34 minutes and I was secretly hoping to do around 30 minutes this year.  I came in at 29:43, which is not fast, but I am super proud of myself for taking 4:15 minutes off of my time!   I have another 5k at the beginning of November, so hopefully I can take more time off again.

Saturday afternoon and Sunday I was not feeling ‘right’ at all. It felt like I was hungry so I would eat, but my stomach still hurt. Not really sure what is up with my stomach, so I spent both days just hanging out around the house and watching lots of tv. Hopefully it passes quickly because I want to get back out running and don’t want to be sick for my birthday on Tuesday!

How was your weekend? What did you do?


5 comments :

  1. Hey! I took inspiration from your blog title! I linked back to your blog in my post this morning! Have a great Monday Leigh, hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously LOVE Cirque du Soliel shows. And congrats on the 5K...I'm hoping to build up to that one day!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! That is very speedy!!! Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work!!! That's awesome. Can't wait for us to meet up for a run! :) Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great time!! Well done! You shoudl be very proud of yourself!

    I hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...