Tuesday, October 12, 2010

{weekend recap}

The long and gorgeous weekend has come and gone yet again! The weather was beautiful this weekend, and it was fabulous to be able to spend it with our family and friends for Thanksgiving.

On Friday, we made the three hour drive to Mr.D's hometown. Mr.D's car ran into some trouble about half way through our drive, but luckily it survived the rest of the trip and his dad was able to fix it once we arrived. Later in the night, we went over to my bridesmaid T's house to have dinner with her and her boyfriend. She made us a fantastic dinner! After dinner, we just hung out and caught up. Later on, we went to see The Social Network. I thought it was pretty good and interesting. There was lots that I didn't know about how Facebook was started and the founder of it.

On Saturday, we were up bright and early to meet our wedding photographer for our day after shoot. Our photographer had found an awesome location, but it was about 40 minutes away, which is way we left really early. It was fun to wear my dress again, and Mr.D was spiffed up in a suit. The 1.5 hours of shooting went by really fast and I can't wait to see the pictures! After the pictures, we hung out for the afternoon and then went out for a birthday celebration dinner for my brother in law. The birthday boy wanted all you can eat shrimp, so all of the boys in our group made it a friendly eating competition, haha.

Sunday was Thanksgiving dinner for our family, so the day was spent helping out in the kitchen and spending time with family. Oh and of course eating delicious turkey, stuffing and perogies! I am still so full from that dinner! We got to spend lots of time with our niece who is growing like crazy and already starting to walk (with help) at ten months!

I was a bad blogger again this weekend and didn't take a single picture! I really need to start puling my camera out more often. Oh, and we got our wedding pictures on the weekend, so I will start recapping our wedding this week. So excited!

How was your weekend?

Ps- two weeks until my birthday!!

4 comments :

  1. Sounds like a fabulous weekend! What is a day after shoot? I saw some of your wedding photos on Facebook - they are SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun week-end! I'm sure the pictures will look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of a 'day after' shoot. That is pretty cool! I bet it was fun to put on your dress again and brought back wonderful memories!

    My weekend was all about the marathon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to double take when I read your mention of Thanksgiving!! I didn't realize it was a different date in Canada!! Ha!! Glad you had a nice weekend. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following; you're the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...