Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An announcement….

pregnancy-test

No, not that kind of announcement! Did I get anyone excited? Haha.

My REAL announcement is that I signed up to run the Scotiabank half marathon in May 2011. Sometimes I think I might be a little crazy for signing up for it, but it’s on my bucket list so I figured let’s do it! Although I have only run a couple of 5k’s currently, I have been working on building a solid running base, so I think it’s doable. 

Lisa and Amber have been great with answering my running questions so far (thanks girls!) and have even encouraged me to sign up. I am still working on getting Amber to sign up! Blogger’s like this and this and this definitely helped to inspire me to sign up.

My plan is to continue running outside until it gets too dark after work and then once it’s too dark and cold, I am going to get a pass to my local YMCA that has a track. Come spring time, I will start back running outside (if the weather let’s me!) I think I will be using Hal Higdon’s plan which includes cross training and strength training. I just don’t want to get burned out from running or sick of it.

Anyone in Calgary care to join me in training and running it?!

For experienced runners out there, do you have any tips for me? I’d love to hear everything and anything!


9 comments :

  1. Hahahahahahahahaha!

    When I saw that photo my first thought was "Awwww, she won't be able to run the half-marathon now". LOL

    We are definitely coming that weekend and last night I may have even talked Eric into doing the 5K!!! :)

    I know you're going to do great with training! Calgary winters are ROUGH, but you can handle it :) Good idea to take your runs onto the track once the weather gets bad, I like the track so much more than the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! You got me all excited, haha! Congrats on signing up, that is the biggest step :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on signing up! You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you totally got me so excited!!!!!

    I could never run a half marathon. I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was like WHAT!!!! ha ha
    I will think about it, I have it on my bucket list too...it would be great to do it with you! I'll keep yo posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah OMG you had my jaw dropping!!

    Advice - invest in good shoes. I have been running in the same shitty ones for the past 5 months and they have ruined my shins. You might want to look into if you need something different for running outside and running on a track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, my jaw dropped a bit, too!!

    So excited for you! You are giving yourself plenty of time to prepare for this, so that is good! Just ease into and focus on the cross-training because that will prevent injuries from occurring. You can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so excited!!! But I'm also excited for your half marathon! You rock. I would never be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA.... what a funny post!!! I love the trick to it! Congrats on your first half marathon... I am a chicken and could never imagine! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...