Wednesday, November 10, 2010

{wedding wednesday} Ceremony

Once all of our wedding party pictures were taken, we headed to the ceremony/reception site. We had a couple minutes to spare, so we made an all important stop at a gas station to pick up a protein bar for myself. I was starving by the time 4pm rolled around and the groomsmen wouldn’t let me go to the ceremony without eating. I am so glad that I listened to them!

Even though Mr.D and I had already seen each other earlier in the day, there was still so much emotion from both of us when it came time to walk down the aisle. A lot of people don’t like the idea of the groom seeing the bride before the ceremony, but I am so glad we did it. I would have been a thousand times more nervous if we hadn’t seen each other before hand.

To start the ceremony, Mr.D walked in with both of his parents. We wanted to make sure that they felt included in the ceremony.l_b (270 of 641)
Once Mr.D was in position, he waited for me to walk in with both of my parents. I love the look on Mr.D’s face in this picture…he looks anxious and nervous, yet so ready for us to be married!

l_b (271 of 641)
Next, I was walked down the aisle with both of my parents. I am so happy that I asked both of my parents, as they are so important to me.
l_b (373 of 641)
Once we were both in place, we started our ceremony.  Our justice of peace was amazing- he met with us a couple months before the wedding and asked us a bunch of questions about ourselves and about our relationship. For our ceremony, he included a bunch about us and our relationship. It definitely made it more personal.l_b (293 of 641)

This picture was taken during my time to recite my written vows to Mr.D.  I was so choked up with emotion that I struggled to get them out.  All I remember is seeing Mr.D’s face and no one else’s.l_b (303 of 641)

l_b (314 of 641)

We also decided that during our ceremony we wanted to do a rose ceremony for both of our parents. The rose ceremony was basically a way of saying thank you to our parents for raising us, supporting each of us and for supporting and encouraging our relationship. Neither of our parents knew that we were going to be doing the rose ceremony, but I think they were touched by it.l_b (323 of 641)

l_b (324 of 641)
The funniest part of our ceremony was during the rose ceremony. When I gave my father in-law a hug, he picked me up off of the ground, but when he put me back down, my veil had gotten caught and ripped out of my hair. As I turned to walk away, it was left in my father in-law’s hands. He was so embarrassed, but it was such a memorable part of the ceremony that I wouldn’t change!

The hug:
l_b (328 of 641)
My FIL putting my veil back onto my shouldersl_b (329 of 641)

“you may now kiss the bride!”
l_b (333 of 641)

Next week will be about our reception.

Happy Wednesday everyone!


14 comments :

  1. Ha - love the story about your FIL accidentally taking your veil out of your hair! Too funny! Your ceremony was beautiful - your photographer really captured it so so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!! You hair is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pictures! I love the story about your FIL, and the rose ceremony idea seems really cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the first time I hear about a rose ceremony and I love this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awhh, this is so sweet :) I have never heard of the rose ceremony before but it is so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw yay! I love funny moments that suprise you. They make things more memorable....not that it wouldn't have been memorable before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pictures! And that moment with your father-in-law is so cute and sweet, definitely something to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pictures. I'm sure the veil "incident" got a good giggle, he shouldn't be embarrassed! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your wedding re-caps! Such beautiful pictures. Oh and when I got married I dropped the rings! Something we will always remember!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! What beautiful memories and pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am new to your blog and wanted to say hi! Look forward to reading more! Your wedding pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I've told you this before, but you were one radiant bride!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous! You were a beautiful bride :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...