Monday, November 1, 2010

{weekend recap}

Happy Monday everyone! Another weekend has come and gone by too fast Sad smile

I had the day off on Friday, so I enjoyed a sleep in while Mr.D had to work. I went for a run as it was a gorgeous day and spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around the house. Perfect!  Later that night, my dad and his wife flew in to see us for the weekend, so we picked them up from the airport. It was later by the time we got back home, so we sat and caught up.

On Saturday, we did some running around which included buying new running shoes as a belated birthday present for me. So excited, as my knees were hurting from my old ones. We did a little bit more shopping and then went for a walk in Princess Island Park as they had never seen it and the weather was awesome again. We took my dad and his wife out to the Keg for dinner and then spent the night playing card games. Anyone ever played euchre? It’s hard to catch onto the first time!

On Sunday, we did some more running around and then spent the afternoon carving pumpkins and making spaghetti sauce. Here is how our pumpkins turned out.

Mr.D’s pumkin:

IMG_1079

Mine eating another pumpkin

IMG_1080

We didn’t do anything exciting for Halloween, just gave out candy. We only had about 30 kids, which was surprising because we live in a pretty kid filled area.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything for Halloween?


6 comments :

  1. Great pumpkins! I could not find candy corn anywhere! Sold out! :( Next year I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Mr. D's pumpkin! It seriously looks SO COOL! And so does yours!

    Sounds like a great, relaxed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those pumpkins look awesome!! Too fun!

    What kind of running shoes did you get? I bet your feet are thankful for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love LOVE Euchre, its the best game ever. I learned in university, and I swear I played it so much it could have been considered my minor. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun weekend! We actually don't celebrate Halloween so we did nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pumpkins. I need to still do something with mine before they go bad. I was going to cave them but didnt :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...