Monday, November 8, 2010

{weekend recap}

Happy Monday everyone! This week is a short week for me, as we have Thursday off for Remembrance Day and then Friday I only have to work a few hours to make up some time for my boss. I’m quite excited Smile

As I have gained some new followers in the last few weeks, I thought I would do a little ‘recap’ about myself. Let’s see, where to start. Well my name is Leigh and I am a twenty something newlywed living in Canada. I was married on August 14, 2010 and had a perfect wedding day! Make sure to check out my {wedding wednesday} posts to see the planning of our wedding and for recaps of our wedding.  I enjoy a good DIY project and have recently started running.  If you want to learn a few more things about me, check out this post.  If you are a new follower, I’d love to learn a little more about you, so feel free to leave a comment and tell me something about yourself.

This weekend even with the time change went by too fast yet again. On Friday night, Mr.D and I went out for dinner to La Breeza, which is a little Italian restaurant in an old house that someone converted to restaurant. Neither of us had ever heard of the restaurant before, but Mr.D bought a coupon from Living Social, so we thought we would check it out. It wasn’t the cheapest place, but it was so delicious! I had a shrimp dish while Mr.D had chicken, and both were so tasty! If you are in Calgary, I would definitely recommend it.

On Saturday, Mr.D and I were up bright and early for the Run Without Borders race in support of poverty. I was signed up for the 5k while Mr.D was running the 10k.  The morning was pretty chilly, but the sun was out so that helped a lot. The only complaints that I had about this race was that it seemed that all of the walkers/slow runners were starting at the very front, so it lead to a lot of dodging of people in the first kilometer. This definitely wasn’t my race as I had to dodge so many people and in the third kilometer, I got the worst lady cramps ever! (sorry if that’s too much information!) They were so bad, that I had to stop and walk for a while.  The course was actually 5.5k, which I finished in 33 minutes. Not the best time, but considering I walked for a while and had to dodge so many people I will take it. Later that night, Mr.D and I headed out to his rugby banquet. It was fun and nice to see everyone from his team again.

Sunday was a lazy day in this household! I was up around 9am and then had a 45 minute nap around 11am….it was glorious! Once I got my lazy butt going, I went out for a 10k run. The weather was so gorgeous that I couldn’t pass it up!  The rest of the day was spent cleaning the house and doing laundry.

How was your weekend? What were you up to?

If you are a new follower, don’t forget to leave a comment telling me a little bit about yourself! Smile


5 comments :

  1. Great weekend!! I became a follower last week so something about me is...I am the youngest of 3 girls and I fit the youngest role to a t(good and bad)!

    Our weekend was fun too! My middle sister was int own with her fam so it was a fam filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Look at you with all the running!! Whoo hoo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend! That is annoying about the slow people/walkers being in the front. They must not know about racing etiquette! I hate havign to dodge around people!

    Sounds like a lovely weekend! Mine was great! I made dinner for Tom on Friday night. saturday was Julia Child night. Sunday we went to his brother's to watch football and hang out w/ his niece. Such a fun weekend. And now this week it's his birthday! I might be as excited, or more excited actually. I LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading this post I feel like I need to pull my running shoes out and go for a run!

    You're my motivation to make it to the gym this week:-)

    I'm Colleen, also a newlywed. We married 7 days before you guys on August 7th 2010. I just started blogging and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leigh,
    I linked into your blog last week, I am a friend and follower of Alison's blog.

    Thought I would let you know I was here and starting to follow.
    BTW - I love your wedding photo at the top of your blog! Amazing!

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...