Thursday, November 25, 2010

You’ve got questions, I’ve got answers {part one}

Earlier this week, I asked you guys to ask me anything you wanted to know about me.  Today I have your answers Smile

1. Lisa asked: “what is my favorite holiday?”
I don’t think that I have a favorite holiday. I love Christmas as we get to spend time with our family, who we don’t get to see a lot. I’m not a huge fan of Valentine’s Day as it’s overrated, but we did get engaged on Valentine’s Day.

2. Lisa asked: “what is my favorite store to shop at?”
If I am shopping in Canada, I like Old Navy, the Gap, Suzy Shier, Smart Set, Forever 21. Canada is definitely lacking in good stores! If I were able to shop in the States, it would definitely be Target. Love that store!

3. Alison asked: “what is my favorite adult drink?”
I’m not a huge drinker, but if I were to have a drink, it would be a vodka seven with a slice of lime. Love it!  Is it strange that I’ve never had a beer or glass of wine? I’ve tried both, but just can’t do the taste of either.

4. Alison asked: “what is my favorite drink at Starbucks?”
Another weird thing about me is that I don’t enjoy tea or coffee, so I don’t go to Starbucks often. If I were to have something at Starbucks, it would be a smoothie or their iced tea.

5. Cafe Moka asked: “do I prefer Ontario or Alberta?”
I like both places as each represent something I love in my life. I grew up in Ontario, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.  I grew up in a really small town and love going back to visit, but I can’t picture myself living there. Maybe if we had kids as it would be a great place to raise kids. I like Alberta because I’ve made a life here with Mr.D, but I wish we were closer to both of our families. Nothing beats being able to see the mountains from our house, but I also miss being close to my family.

6. Cafe Moka  and Amber asked: “what do you do for a living?”
I currently work for a union as a labour relations assistant. I basically do the administrative work if a member wanted to file a grievance. Once the grievance is filed, I ensure timelines are in order and set up resolution meetings.  I really enjoy it because it challenges me at times, my co-workers are great and there is opportunity to move within my ‘company’.

7. Cafe Moka and Amber asked: “what was my major in university?”
I went to McMaster University in Hamilton and loved it. While there, I got my Bachelor of Arts in Labour Studies, which is about unions, so it relates directly to the job that I am doing now. I was frustrated after university because all of the jobs that I was applying for they said that I either didn’t have enough experience or I was too qualified for the positions.

8. Cafe Moka asked: “can you tell us your engagement story?”
I don’t know if I have ever told our engagement story, but it’s nothing outlandish but it’s us. For a few months before Mr.D proposed, I had been asking him constantly when we were going to be getting married. He always brushed it off saying he’ll let me know when he’s ready. Little did I know that a few months prior, he had asked my dad for his permission when he was out for a visit. I also had NO idea that Mr.D had already bought my ring and had also asked my mom. I love that he asked my parent’s for their permission as they mean so much to me.  On Valentine’s Day of 2009, Mr.D gave me a card and all it said in the card was “look up” as I was sitting on the couch. When I looked up, Mr.D was down on one knee with the ring in his hand. It was so sweet!

9. Cafe Moka asked: “who is my favorite writer?”
I don’t really have a favorite writer. I am pretty open about what books I read. Most of the time, I will read a book if someone suggested it to me. Not exciting I know!

10. Cafe Moka asked: “what country I would like to visit?”
There are a lot of places that I would like to visit! Let’s see: Australia, France, Greece, England…just to name a few! Mr.D and I are hoping to take a few weeks next summer to do some travelling. Fingers crossed it works out!

11. Cafe Moka asked: “did I have many boyfriends before dating my husband and have I ever had my heart broken?”
Definitely not! I am a pretty shy person, so I didn’t date a lot in high school. I think I might have had 3-4 boyfriends in high school lasting 4 months at the most! I had my first serious boyfriend in university, who definitely broke my heart. We got serious pretty fast and then he went to Afghanistan as he was in the army. When he returned on his break, he decided that he wanted to be with someone else. Yah, that hurt big time! But I’m glad that we didn’t work out because it meant that I was able to meet Mr.D and he’s perfect Smile

Ok, this post is getting on the long side, so I will be back next week with the rest of the answers. Thanks for asking me them!


6 comments :

  1. I LOVE how Mr. D proposed! That is so cute!!

    Very interesting to hear what you majored in and what you do :) For some reason I'm fascinated by that kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Loved reading more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work really seems interesting! And I love your engagement story!
    It's fun to know more about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading all your answers. I heard that Target is coming to Canada so you might be in luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate tea and coffee too!!!

    I enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were very fun to read. :) I love your engagement story - esp love that he asked your parents. So sweet.

    And yes, I do believe that Target is coming to Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...