Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DIY Holiday Wreath

I’ve been meaning to blog about this for a while, so I apologize!  Back in November when Christmas projects began to have a presence in the blogsphere, I was inspired by Lacey's carnation wreath. She made her wreath using carnations found at Wal-mart but I had zero luck finding any. I decided that I could make a similar wreath but using my tutorial to make tissue paper pomanders.

I started and finished the project over the course of a few nights, which was great. The worst part of the project is definitely making each tissue paper ‘flower’.

Here is how it turned out:

IMG_1161
Don’t mind me in the mirror Smile
IMG_1162
IMG_1163

It adds the perfect amount of ‘holiday cheer’ to our entranceway and it only cost me about $10 to make!

Do you have any fast and easy holiday projects?


9 comments :

  1. That is beautiful! You are so crafty! I have not done any holiday crafts unless you count my gingerbread house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I love it! I wish I was more crafty like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that at your place and loved it! Good work! I am in the midst of making one with boas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please teach us how to make the tissue flowers! I want to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute!!! I wanna know how to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous! I want to be CRAFTY!!! That looks amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Leigh! Love it! I cannot find any more red carnations and my wreath requires about 1/3 more carnations!! AHHHH!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that!!!! I think we should do craft dates or something fun like that. I would be all in for it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...