Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A review..

51If4d8GEZL__SL500_AA300_

Last week, I bought Jillian Michael’s new work out dvd called 6 Week Six Pack to add to my workout dvd collection. I loved the 30 Day Shred, so I wanted to try this one out.

The workout is 20 minutes long with a warm up and cool down. It is 2 sets of different core related moves with the second set done faster than the first. I liked that it wasn’t just crunches, but a variety of moves from planks to side lifts to burpees. I tried Level One last night and my abs were definitely sore today!

I think the workout itself was good, but it’s definitely not enough to help you lose weight. It would be a great addition on top of running, swimming, biking, etc.

On a work out related note, has anyone ever tried crossfit? A couple of our friend’s are really into it, but I’ve never tried it. I’m interested in trying it out for something to do this winter…anyone interested?!


5 comments :

  1. A good friend at work does crossfit... he has really slimmed down and looks great so I know it's effective. I think it might be kind of expensive, though, from what I've heard, so I haven't tried it...

    I should check out this video by Jillian as I am looking for some abs moves to tone up my tummy region. That is def my problem spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to buy this!
    My brother does Cross-fit with his team and he says it kicks his butt. I want to try! You can go on thier website and find the daily workout I think...but there are a couple Cross-fit places here in Calgary too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to run with people who owned the crossfit gym here in Kamloops and they swore by it (obviously I guess since they owned the gym! Haha). I've heard it's super hard but super effective for you. If it wasn't so expensive I would try it!

    I should get this DVD. I LOVE the 30-day shred and could really supplement my current workout schedule with more core work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done Crossfit but hear rave reviews about it - and hear it will kick your butt. I don't think I could do it but would give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review!

    If you go to this blog, she does crossfit {and writes a great blog!!}. She loves it!!! Try searching crossfit, and I would think her posts would come up! She's done some great reviews, and she's also one of the sweetest people ever!

    http://fabulousyoungandnewlywed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...