Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Goals, goals, goals

I have never been a person to make new years resolutions, but I do have some goals that I would like to accomplish or begin in 2011.

ACTIVE
1. Run a 5k in under 28 minutes
-my personal record for this distance from 2010 was just over 28 minutes. With some speed training, I think I can do it.

2. Run a 10k in under 1 hour
- I have never run a 10k race, but have that distance on my own in just over an hour. I think it’s do-able Smile

3. Run a half marathon
Scotia_Bank_Calgary_Marathon_47_2011_Logo
-I am running my first half marathon in May and I am already nervous about it! I have no time goals for this race, I just want to run the whole thing and finish!

4.  Try a triathlon
-for some reason, it completely scares me! I think it’s the unknown of how the race will work. Fear can’t hold me back!

LIFE
1. Travel
-Mr.D and I are hoping to take a trip this summer to Europe. I have never been and am so excited about it!

2. Finish decorating and hanging pictures in the house
-we’ve been living in our house since May 2010 and the wedding is now over, so I have no more excuses!

3. Try new foods
-I don’t have any particular foods, but anything that I have been too scared to try in the past. I am a pretty picky eater (but getting better!) so this will push me out of my comfort zone in a good way

4. Print out our wedding pictures
-I have printed ZERO pictures since we got our wedding pictures. This situation needs to be fixed!

LOVE
1. Take time each day to slow down to appreciate the life that I have and Mr.D
-sometimes it feels like I am rushing through the day to exercise, make dinner, shower, work, clean, etc that I forget that I have a wonderful husband and life.

2. Go on more dates with Mr.D
edmonton 2 042 copy
- since getting married, buying a house and Harley, we haven’t really taken the time out to plan special date nights for each other.

Did you make any goals and new years resolutions for 2011? If so, what were they?


12 comments :

  1. YAY for date nights!!
    Those sound like great goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!I am doing a duathlon (run, bike run) and a triathlon this summer. I am scared out of my mind because of the logistics and how much STUFF it entails! And seriously--what does one WEAR to these things?!?!

    Haha!

    Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Goals!!! I finished my 1st Triathlon in May of 2009 and it was AWESOME!! I am not a great runner so that leg was the hardest but the swimming and biking was amazing!!

    Europe...LOVE! My husband and I have both been but not together so that is something we want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Great goals! I haven't told you yet but I AM coming to run the half-marathon (hearts not in it for a marathon!) I am going to sign up soon! And maybe we can run together, though I have a feeling you are going to be a lot speedier than me :P

    OMG GO TO EUROPE if you can!! You will love it! You can pick my brain when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think more date nights is a great goal! As are all of your goals. I hope you are able to get to Europe! You will NOT regret the money spent. Not one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love yor list. I hear ya on date nights, we need to plan more too.
    Hey and just remember if you ever need a dog sitter, Cruz would be happy to have Harley at our house... just thinking about your Europe trip... :) Cruz would be happy to have a house guest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. date nights are always a fabulous goal!

    we've been married for over a year and a half and i still have yet to print any wedding pictures for our house. i have printed them for other people for NONE for us. must rectify this situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great goals! They all seem really realistic and specific enough to follow through with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog, it's so cute! I love your goals. I ran a 5k in under 30 min for a sorority thing back in college, not so sure how I'd manage it now. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great goals, and I wish you much success! My goals involve running a bit faster as well. Now all I need to do is get up and run... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are great goals...I also love running...1/2 marathons are my favorite...the first one i was super nervous about it but after that one it got me hooked!! I ran 2 last year and have one scheduled for november of this year ... my motivation to get back in shape after the baby comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your goals, they are a reminder to finish writing all mine down :-)

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...