Thursday, January 20, 2011

He totally spoils me…

The other week, I told you about a surprise that Mr.D had gotten for me.  To explain why it was so special, I need to tell you a little back story about it. For Christmas, Mr.D and I decided that we were not going to get each other presents as we had just bought Harley and he’s a present in himself, haha. On Christmas Eve, Mr.D kept asking me if I had bought him something for Christmas as he didn’t want to be embarrassed that he didn’t get me something on Christmas morning. I kept telling him no, I didn’t get you anything, which he didn’t believe. So Christmas comes and goes and neither of us had bought each other anything as promised.

A couple days after Christmas we returned home from his parent’s house. I crawled into bed, and there was a long box sitting underneath the covers, which I for some reason thought it was a remote even though we don’t have a TV in our room. I look closer at the box and realize that it’s from a jewellery store. I think at this point I was so confused and kept asking Mr.D what it was, and he pretended to know nothing. I open up the box and inside was a beautiful diamond bracelet. It took me by surprise and I definitely shed a few tears!

I kept asking Mr.D why he bought and all he would say is that I deserve it…such a wonderful surprise by my sneaky husband! I gave him shit (after kissing him of course!) that he bought something even though we said we were not going to.

I was trying to take a picture of it last night once it was dark, so these pictures are not the greatest. But I promise it’s pretty in real life Smile
IMG_1223

Mr.D, if you happen to be reading this today, I love you and thank you for being such a sweet, loving husband!

Has your husband or boyfriend ever spoiled and surprised you?


11 comments :

  1. How beautiful!!!! What a wonderful husband you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is such a beautiful bracelet! Good job Mr. D. I love the way he snuck it into the bed to give it to you :-)

    Eric did this this year as well! We weren't going to get each other anything because we were saving for the house and then he ended up getting me gorgeous sapphire earrings and I got him...nothing! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too sweet!!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so sweet! Good work Mr.D! Looks beautiful. WELL deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous bracelet! Being spoiled by my MR. is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, you certainly have a wonderful hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an AMAZING surprise....it's absolutely stunning! What a sweetheart of a hubby!
    When we were dating, my hubby surprised me on my 21st birthday by standing in my sorority house living room with flowers...I thought he was still in IRAQ. That was a tough one to pull off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww what a great surprise! You do deserve it Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful! Love that it was such a total surprise - and so cute how he gave it to you. What a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!!! I'm jealous of you right now ha!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...