Monday, January 10, 2011

{weekend recap}

This weekend was super low key and it was fabulous! On Friday night, Mr.D and I went out for dinner and then to Chapters. I had a few gift cards from work to spend, so I treated Mr.D to a book…I know, best wife ever Smile

On Saturday morning, I had the best sleep in in such a long time! Pretty sure I woke up at 10am and thought about going right back to sleep. We spent the day running some errands and then taking down all of the Christmas decorations. It’s just not as fun as putting them up that’s for sure.

Yesterday, Mr.D spent the day skiing with a co-worker while I hung out at home. That’s a lie, I dragged myself out into the cold (the weather took a total nose dive in temperature from last week..booSad smile) and went to check out the YMCA by our house. A co-worker had given me a free pass, so I thought I would check it out before I committed to joining each month. It is actually pretty nice in there and it is only about $60 each month and you can go month to month which is nice. I’m thinking I will go for January, February and March as it’s really cold here during those months, so I won’t be able to run outside.  In the afternoon, I made banana bread, cream of broccoli soup and dinner rolls ( I didn’t make mine vegan though). The dinner rolls are so easy and delicious!

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


9 comments :

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend - esp the sleeping in part! I slept so well on Friday night as well!! My weekend was good besides getting a flat tire on the way home from the gym on Sat morning. :( That totally sucked and I wasted 2 hours of my day waiting for it to get fixed... Other than that, it was a great weekend!

    That was sweet of you to use your gift cards on a book for you husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend! It is so cold hey! Brrr. :( I wanted to cry walking Cruz this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such productive weekends that put my weekends to shame! Where do you find the energy?? And could you share some with me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice weekend! I am reconsidering canceling my gym membership now that the weather has been a lot colder here too :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend! Hope you enjoy the YMCA, that's cool that you can just do monthly. My gym is a one year contract, blah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Sounds like a great weekend. Friday night Rob and I hung out in our pjs with a fire in the fireplace. Saturday we slept in, I had my once a month girls night, and he saw "True Grit" with some guys at work. Sunday I tried out some new recipes and put some mileage on our wedding gift food processor! It was nice to be low-keyish after so many holiday plans. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I am following you now and looking forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to get your recipe for the cream of broccoli soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just gave you another award, check out my blog!
    www.ilovecafemoka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm glad you had a good weekend. the banana bread sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...