Monday, January 31, 2011

{weekend recap}

Happy Monday everyone! (if Monday’s can be happy?!). This weekend was a cold, snowy, lazy weekend, which was perfect.

On Friday night, we ran out to Sport Chek as I was in desperate need of a new sports bra and work out tanks. Luckily I found both Smile  After that, we went out for dinner to Joey’s. Love it there! Other than that, we hung out and went to bed earlier as Mr.D was getting up at 5:45am the next morning to go skiing.

On Saturday, Mr.D left bright and early to go skiing with some co-workers, so it was Harley and I for the weekend.
IMG_0043
He’s pretty cute and doesn’t talk back, so he wasn’t too bad to spend the weekend with. In the morning, I went to the gym and ran 10k! I did 7k on the treadmill and then 3k around the track…and it wasn’t too bad. Now I just have to work on getting those run distances up there. In the afternoon, my friend K came over and we just hung out and got caught up. I haven’ t seen her since early December which was way too long! We ended up going out for dinner to Earl’s as neither of us wanted to cook. It was a great night catching up and having girl talk!

Yesterday I went to the gym again and ran on the treadmill and then did this medicine ball workout. It was from Men’s Health magazine, but the moves were great and challenged me. I think I might have to buy a medicine ball for after my gym membership expires. In the afternoon, I took Harley for a walk and made two loaves of banana bread (recipe coming later this week). Super low key weekend, but it was great Smile

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


9 comments :

  1. You did SO many things! Like usual! But it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely!! I like weekends by myself every once in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! Looks like a great workout! :) Yuo could do it with a kettlebell too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was sooo snowy and cold! Such a change from thursday. I had a very lazy weekend too. But you went to the gym twice! I wouldnt call that lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'll have to check out that medicine ball workout, I'm always looking for new routines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comment! P.S. I fixed the little video I posted, so you can go back and watch it if you want:-) Good job with the gym relationship! My workouts have been kicking my butt lately! phew! Banana bread sounds delicious too and low key weekends are kind of amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought a gym membership so reading all your working out stuff gets me excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. dang! 10 miles?! way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness... your puppy is so adorable. I am dying to get a dog right now but we are not allowed to have them in our apartment. Hopefully one day soon. Great job on your run! You are kickin booty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...