Happy Friday everyone! How was your week? Are you ready for the weekend like I am?!
This weekend, we have friends come into town. The boys are going skiing tomorrow while the girls go to the gym and shop. Of course we are shopping We both have Monday off because of Family Day, which is great!
This weeks recipe is salmon wrapped in puff pastry with spinach and pesto. When my mom was out here last month, she gave me the idea for this meal and I must say that it is super easy!
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
- frozen spinach
- jarred pesto
- salmon fillet
- seasoning of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Roll out the puff pastry with a rolling pin to your desired thickness (we roll it out thinner so it all cooks throughly)
- Divide your salmon fillet into two and put in the middle of the puff pastry
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper (or your choice of seasonings)
- Put desired amount of pesto on the salmon fillets
- Thaw the spinach in the microwave so that you can spread it out over the top of the two salmon fillets
- Fold up the sides of the puff pastry. If the sides are not sticking, you can wet the seams with water or egg
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the puff pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
What are you up to this weekend? I hope you have a great weekend!