Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My exciting news…

Last week I mentioned that I had some exciting news….well last Thursday I found out that my job is finally permanent!

A little history about my job…I started in August of 2009, which was supposed to be covering for a lady’s vacation before she went on mat leave. The company ended up keeping me on month to month after that until November 2009, the company started paying me instead of the temp agency. Ever since then, I was hoping that my position would end up permanent as it’s a great company with great pay and great people.

I had applied for my position when it was posted as permanent back at the end of November and had been waiting to hear ever since. My boss finally came into the office (she works out of our provincial office) last Thursday and offered me the position. It is a sigh of relief knowing that I will be able to stay for a long time to come and not have to think about finding another job. Plus I will have benefits and a pension now which are definitely a good thing!

Thanks again to Alison for the congratulations last week! It was super nice of you Smile

Have you had any exciting job or life news recently? Have you ever had to wait over a year to find out about your job?


21 comments :

  1. That's SUPER EXCITING! Having a secure job and paycheque is awesome.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you!!!! That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah again! So happy for you! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What FANTASTIC news!!! So happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This is wonderful news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats girl!! That's great news!! So happy for you. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats friend!! Yay for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that's great news! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I know you can feel the weight leave your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray! Wonderful news! Now go celebrate some more:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!!! That is super exciting news!!! YAY for permanent jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a sigh of relief! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news!!! Congrats!!! You must be so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I love you new design by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! That is so exciting! The feeling of security is priceless! When i was finishing grad school, I was offered a job in November and my start date was supposed to be June. Then they pushed it out until October, so almost a year went by between when they offered it to me and when i started!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATULATIONS! That is absolutely AMAZING news!!! You deserve it, girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...