Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oh happy Monday

Let’s just say that my week definitely did not start off good and that I should have stayed in bed!

On Monday’s, I go home on my lunch break to let Harley out. I had gone home and was on my way back to work when I was stopped at a red light about 5 minutes from home. I was looking down and all of the sudden I look in my rear view mirror and see a truck coming right for my car from behind.  With a loud crunch, my day changed for the worse. I got out to asses the damage and my bumper and trunk were ruined! The other lady had zero damage to her vehicle…lucky her! We had gotten a big dump of snow the night before, so that didn’t help her with being able to stop. I am luckily not hurt at all, just more shaken up over it. I guess you don’t expect a truck to run into the back of you on a Monday.

The damage:
IMG_0081
There should be a piece of my bumper where the hole is above my license plate and my trunk should be closed, not open Smile

How was your Monday? Please tell me that it was better than mine! Smile


16 comments :

  1. Boo! So glad you are ok! What a pain though! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor thing...hate that this happened to you! hope your week gets better :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! That sucks! Friggin Alberta drivers, eh?! ;) I got rear ended the winter of 2007 in Grande Prairie by a big truck. Destroyed the back of my poor little car! I'm glad you're not hurt at all though and at least it's THEIR fault and won't affect your insurance at all. Still sucks though. Hope they can fix your car asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm sorry, but glad you are ok. Even when the accidents not your fault, its never fun to have to deal with insurance and police reports then being without your car. I hope you are able to get it fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no that certainly does put a major damper on a monday! hope the week gets a whole heck of a lot better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw yes, been there done that... three times!

    I am glad to hear that you are ok... just keep an eye out for whiplash, it can sometimes creep up on you later... you should go see a doctor just in case so that it is documented... just to cover your ass!

    Also... send me your cell number on FB, we might be able to meet up one night while I'm in Calgary... maybe for drinks/eats or something?? Excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer! Glad you are ok though! Hope everything involving insurance/repairs goes smoothly for you. I like how you ended everything with a smiley face too:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That totally sucks! What a pain in the ass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck! So sorry girl, glad you and the other driver are okay though. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh poor Leigh!!! not fun :( Glad to hear you are ok though! Take it easy for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no!! I am glad you are ok, but what an annoying thing to have to deal with.

    My Monday was better, but I am feeling under the weather so I had to cancel my dinner plans with my cousin. I went to the doctor today so should be good as new by the time I leave for France (fingers crossed).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! That really sucks! I'm glad your ok though and it sounds like you handled it very calmly, Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so sucky!! did you get a rental yet? glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh suck!! I am so sorry, your poor car!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! I am so glad that you are safe and sound. I hope your car gets fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohmygosh, I am so sorry about your car, but so happy to hear you are okay!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...