Monday, February 21, 2011

{weekend recap}

Happy Family Day to my Canadian readers and happy President’s day to my American readers Smile Either way, I hope you are enjoying your day off.

This weekend, my friend T (she was one of my bridesmaid’s) and her boyfriend S came into town. We haven’t really seen them since they got engaged, so it was great to finally be able to spend time with them. They got into town later on Friday night, so we went out for dinner to catch up. 

On Saturday, the boys went skiing so T and I went shopping. What any two girls would do Winking smile We were looking for potential bridesmaid dresses for her upcoming wedding.
Here are some of the options:
IMG_0102IMG_0104
 

We both loved the style of the yellow dress, but would order it in black. Too bad that it was $300, which is more than she is wanting us to spend. We both loved it though! Does anyone know where we could order a similar dress for less? 

After the bridal store, we went to the mall to look for other potential options but fell short. Nothing was catching either of our eyes. The boys didn’t get home until after dinner, so we hung out and watched Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings. Love both of those shows!

On Sunday, we made breakfast for everyone and then S & T headed home. I ran some errands and then went to the gym and ran 10k…it took me about 55 minutes with some walking breaks in there, so I was super happy! I have my first 10k at the beginning of March, so I am hoping I can take a minute or two off that time. 

We don’t have much planned for our day off today, but I do have some exciting news which I will post about tomorrow
Smile

What are you doing with your day off? How was your weekend?

14 comments :

  1. Sadly it's only family day in a FEW Canadian provinces and B.C. is not one of them :( Boo! I am off to work soon.

    That dress is CUTE but I agree $300 is a little steep! Did you check Le Chateau? They have lots of cute dresses kind of like that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your exciting news! It always leaves me in suspense!!

    Could you get a seamstress and show her the picture? I bet a seamstress could make the dresses for cheaper.

    I got my dresses at Banana Republic around Christmas, which was perfect. They were Holiday dresses but they were exactly what I wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that yellow dress in that color too! Yeah I would check with a seamstress. Good work on your 10k! Did you get your headband yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of those dresses! You look great in them.

    No day off for me, our school is in session today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that yellow dress! The neckline is perfect. Can't wait to hear your exciting news:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is gorgeous! Maybe you can find it online for cheaper?

    Like Amber mentioned, sadly BC is not a lover of Family Day. :(

    Looking forward to hearing your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally LOVE that yellow dress. And I love it just the way it is too. The yellow is so unique and pretty.

    I got my bride's maid dress at David's Bridal. I even see the one I actually bought still on sale for $99. Check out their website. I ordered mine online because they didn't have it in the store. ALL really affordable dresses.

    I love this one in particular:
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Strapless-Pick-Up-Dress-84091_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Short-Bridesmaid-Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omgoodness! I love that yellow dress! Adorableeeeeeeeeeeee! :) Where is this!? I must have this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10K in 55 minutes - you are a champ! Way to go. Also - that dress is super cute. If your looking for dress stores I'd try Le Chateau or Melanie Lyne - I've had some luck there in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. in regards to the exciting news.... at first i thought maybe you were preggo but now im thinking its what you told me the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LeChateau! or RW&Co! both places have great dresses, more affordable prices

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. Checked online and even though david's bridal is a U.S company, they have an international link with Canada as an option. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Netbride.com or Houseofbrides.com are 2 good online places to buy bridesmaid dresses at a discount. Just remember to factor in duty, taxes and exchange. It is still significantly cheaper than buying at the Bridal Centre.
    I love the style of the yellow dress!

    Great job on the 10K!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh that yellow dress is TO DIE FOR!!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...