Friday, March 18, 2011

{recipe friday}

**Edited: I totally forgot that I was going to post my banana muffin recipe today! I promise to do it next week :) **

Happy Friday everyone! So happy that the weekend is finally here! Did this week go by slowly or was it just me?

This weekend we are:

  • going to a St.Paddy’s day party tomorrow night at one of Mr.D’s co-workers house
  • running 6.5 k on Saturday
  • hanging out and catching up with bridesmaid/friend K
  • possibly shopping for my dad’s birthday present…men are so much fun to shop for Winking smile

This week’s recipe is for chicken orzo skillet from Campbells. We just made it last night and it was so easy and only required one pan to make! Nothing beats that. We made a few changes, which I put in italics

Ingredients

  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips (we bought an already cooked chicken the night before and used the left over shredded chicken from that. We added the chicken with the rice)
  • 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 can (10 oz/284mL ) Campbells condensed low fat cream of chicken soup (I used the regular because I couldn’t find low fat)
  • 2/3 cup water (we used 1.5 cups as we used arborio rice instead)
  • 3/4 cup orzo (see above comment)
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tomato diced (we used a can of diced tomato)

Steps

  1. cook chicken until well browned in heated oil at medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook and stir for 3 minutes
  2. Add all other ingredients except for tomato. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
  3. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Add tomato and continue to stir.

What are your plans for the weekend? Hope you have a great one!


6 comments :

  1. I have such a hard time shopping for my father in law. My go-to gift is always a Home Depot or Best Buy gift card for him. Or both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think men are so HARD to shop for! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I could probably even make that!! I am so scared to cook chicken though- don't want food poisoning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend! I had dinner with a friend tonight and on Sunday I am going to dinner & a movie w/ a different friend. It's the first time that I've had social plans on a sat or sun in like 3 week so I am really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orzo and never know what to do with it- maybe I'll have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...