Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday tidbits

Happy Tuesday everyone! Smile Hope your week is going well so far.

I am feeling the bullet format from last week’s post, so I thought I would stick with it.

1) My half marathon training plan has officially started this week! Last week I ran 35kms, so I think the first few weeks of the training plan are going to be a bit of step back in terms of distance. The plan calls for running 3-4 days per week with the 4th run being optional or cross training. I think I might run Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and incorporate the optional km’s on Wednesday throughout those runs.  I just know that my legs do not like running back to back days, and I don’t want to end up disliking running. I am excited that the training has officially started, but means the half is even closer!

2) Have you seen this video?

Caitlin from Healthy Tipping Point along with Peter (who created the amazing video!) are trying to get it to go viral.  Definitely worth a watch and passing it on Smile Remember you are beautiful!

3) The weather is starting to warm up here! Although it was in the –20’s this morning, we are supposed to be working our way up to the +’s by later this week. I really hope the warm weather stays around for this weekend for my first 10k race!

What are your Tuesday tidbits? Have a great Tuesday!


5 comments :

  1. Yay! So excited for you to officially start your training :) And I LOVE that video that Caitlin posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with running, my legs definitely do not like to run two days in a row! Like you said, I want to enjoy it. Not have to push through the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your post answered my questions!! I can only do 2 back to back runs or else the 3rd day my legs hate me.
    Yay for kicking off your first week of HM training! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME that you are going to run a half marathon. Seriously...you go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for starting training! I know this is going to be a wonderful first half for you - esp since you have such a great mileage base to build upon. That's so crucial!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...