Monday, March 21, 2011

{weekend recap}

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? It went by too fast yet again Sad smile

On Friday night, we went over to our friend’s house who live up the street from us for a St. Paddy’s day party. We only knew a few people there, but it was fun to get out and meet some new people. Someone * cough, cough * Mr.D had few too many beers, so let’s just say he was feeling a little rough on Saturday morning.

On Saturday, I spent the morning cleaning up the house and trying to motivate myself to go for a run. As much as I love running, I really did not feel like going, but I forced myself to get out there and do it. As much as I didn’t want to, I felt better when I got home. Later in the afternoon, my friend K came over and went to Cross Iron Mills. I was looking for a birthday present for my dad and ended up buying a bunch for myself as well! I ended up with three dresses, a pair of dress pants, a skirt and a shirt for $85…pretty good Smile Saturday night, Mr.D went out with friends, so Harley and I hung out watching trashy tv.

On Sunday, I went to the gym to swim laps for the first time in close to a year! I ended up swimming 1250 m and it felt fantastic! Later in the day, we had puppy classes. Harley is definitely picking up stuff, so it’s been worth it so far.

Harley and I had a little photo shoot yesterday…well, he laid there and I took pictures SmileIMG_1277IMG_1281IMG_1279

How was your weekend? What were you up to?


11 comments :

  1. Good work on the shopping! Can't wait to see your loot! I need to go! :) Ah Harley is so cute. Can't wait to see him Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I wish I could lay there and look at that cute. No such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harley is so cute, I'm glad the puppy classes are going well!

    I went swimming for the first time in awhile a couple of weeks ago and LOVED it. Didn't realize how much I had missed it. I'm planning on going again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Harley!! Fab deals shopping! I want to buy a ton of summer dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!! I did the same, I was cleaning house on Sunday, didn't feel like running but I did. Wasn't happy with my time but felt good after I went. :)

    Poor Mr. D -- Sorry he felt under the weather. That boozeflu will getcha everytime. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great deals!! Did you get them all from one store? CrossIron has some good sales every once and awhile! I can't wait to start wearing dresses again... with the snow it might be awhile.

    Harley is so cute! I take pictures of Milo when he is sleeping to! He hates the flash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what sweet pics of the doggy! working out when you don't feel like it is totally worth it! i have plenty of those days too where i don't feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, your dog is so cute!! I love seeing other people's pets on their blogs. Do you run with him? Thanks for stopping by my blog, can't wait to read about your half marathon training!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun weekend! Mine was great - I had dinner w/ a friend on Fri night, studied Saturday, and then went out for sushi & a movie with a girlfriend on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. harley is so cute!
    Funny story about kale.. I tried it sauteed with some butter and garlic once.. it was terrible!! It was so bitter we couldnt even eat it..
    But my sister has had flowering kale.. the purply looking stuff, and she said it was good.
    So for the recipe, I would try the flowering kale, or switch it out for spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw- your puppy is adorable. :)
    And you going to the pool reminded me that I really need to look at the pool schedule now that the one near me has re-opened!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...