Friday, April 8, 2011

{happy friday}

Happy Friday everyone! Boy am I glad that it's Friday! This week has been a little rough for me, so I am glad it's over.

After reading all of your comments and internally debating it, I decided to bring up my friend's comments yesterday. Let's just say that it did not go well. I went about it in a mature way, yet she managed to turn it into accusing me of causing drama and spinning her words. I think the conversation opened my eyes to our friendship and to my friend's true self because she told me two important things. One, that she asked me over the other girl because she was in my wedding party and two, that she had only ever wanted 4 girls in the wedding party, but she had to choose between us because her fiance wanted 5 guys and she wanted even numbers. I mean, thanks I guess for choosing me but at the same time, she never wanted me in the wedding party as she only wanted 4 girls and I was the 5th. Yet I was the one causing the drama and spinning her words when I was just repeating back what she said to me. I tried to explain to her how the comments had left me feeling and that at the end of the day, I am happy to be part of her wedding party, but I wanted her to not feel like she had to choose me because she was in my wedding party. I don't regret bringing it up to her, as the truth came out about it, but I wish she was able to be more mature about the whole situation and would have been honest with me from the beginning.

How come friendships and situations can't be easy?! Isn't there an easy button for life? Haha. Sorry for the vent and long post, but it feels good to get it off my chest.

This weekend the weather is supposed to finally warm up again (+10C) which I am so looking forward to! Saturday is Rachel's baby shower, which I hope she loves and then we are going out for dinner with a friend who is town. Sunday is probably going to be spent relaxing and enjoying the warm weather if it shows up!

What are your plans for the weekend? Have a great one!

11 comments :

  1. Aww, girl. I'm sorry to hear about her reaction. That wasn't cool. I mean, you had an honest concern. You shouldn't get crap for that. And the stuff she told you: Not cool.

    I find that no matter how old you get, there are people that still act like children. I swear I work with some 50 and 60 year old guys that are unbelievable. That's when you realize some things never change.

    Well, I'm glad you got that off your chest. Even though it didn't go as planned, I'm sure you feel better that you brought it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I emailed you...but hugs to you again. I think you did the right thing and I am sorry she has made you feel like this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got a chance to get everything out in the open. I'm sorry she was hateful and accused you of starting drama. That's one thing I really don't think you'd do, you're too sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her reaction is not very mature! You were just trying to figure out things!
    I just hope she doesn't read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks- I'm sorry it didn't go better. But hey- it is sunny and warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear it didn't go to well bringing it up with your friend :( That sucks. I'm glad that the truth came out and you don't regret it though.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend and you get some nice weather to play in! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really sucks about your friend Leigh and I'm sorry. I always say I wish friendships were easy and then my mom tells me that TRUE friendships are easy and that you are lucky if you need both hands to count all your true friends. Oh Growing up, sometimes it's not so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry things didn't work out. Hopefully they ended on a better note? Best of luck and as long as you feel better about expressing yourself that is what matters for your own health and sanity (: Have a good weekend. Run it out and relax (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh. Wow. I am so sorry that it didn't go better... She said some really hurtful things that will probably forever change your friendship, I imagine? Do you think you will still be in her wedding? That is just so tough... I am sorry, Leigh! You are such a sweet girl and clearly are such a giving friend! Sorry you had to go through this... but at the same time, in a way, it's good to be forced to see the friendship for what it is? Good is probably not the right word... but eye opening... :(

    Sending hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sweetie.

    Are you still going to be in her wedding??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction. But like you said at least you now know a little bit more as to who she really is. I agree with Rachel's comment you really can count your true friends on one hand and if your lucky on two hands.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...