Friday, April 1, 2011

{recipe friday}

Happy Friday everyone! So happy that it’s Friday, but not happy they are forecasting 15-20cm of snow starting on Saturday Sad smile Hopefully the weather man is really, really wrong and the snow stays away.

Did anyone watch Grey’s last night? I am not a big musical fan, so I could have done without all of the singing, but great episode otherwise!

This week’s recipe is for baked falafels. I can’t remember where I got the recipe from, but I quite enjoy them!

Ingredients

1 can garbanzo beans (or chick peas), drained and patted dry
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons ground cumin (I use less because I find cumin to be really overpowering at times)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Steps

  1. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of the food processor
  2. Pulse mixture until coarsely ground
  3. Transfer to a bowl or container and refrigerate, covered for several hours
  4. Preheat oven to 500 degrees
  5. Form the mixture into balls of your size choice
  6. Place on a foil lined non-stick baking sheet
  7. Bake for 10 minutes, turn and back for another 5 minutes
  8. Serve in a pita with tomato, lettuce, tzatziki or your choice of toppings

What do you have planned for the weekend? Hope you have a great one no matter what you are doing Smile


6 comments :

  1. I also watched Grey's last night and I really loved the episode, despite the singing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I take it you aren't a Glee fan? I like musicals...

    I haven't watched the episode yet. Didn't want to stay up that late to watch it so I will tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah it's snowing where I am too :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a light snow here in Pennsylvania today. This might have been the first time I've seen snow in April haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greys was pretty annoying to me, toooooo much singing. but without the music it would have been great!! silly greys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! I could sub in a GF flour mix and totally make these... I would serve them on a salad or on a baked potato. Which sounds odd, but when I was in New Zealand when I was studying abroad, we found this place that served baked potatoes w/ falafels on them which were sort of smashed down. Oh yum, they were so good. Anyways, I need to try this recipep stat. :) And they are dairy free, too! Woo hoo!

    I hope the weatherman is wrong...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...